Indian Social Institute, New Delhi, invites applications from qualified and motivated individuals for the following post:
Vacancy 1: Researcher: Department of Tribal Studies
Vacancy 2: Researcher: Department of Dalit Studies
Vacancy 3: Researcher: Department of Women's Studies
1. Assistance in research as well as ability to undertake independent research as per the need of the institute.
2. Writing research project proposals.
3. Documentation, investigation, participation, and organization of academic seminars, conferences, workshops, colloquiums, celebrations and training initiatives.
4. Ability to seek funding / grants for research projects, conferences, workshops, trainings of the department from government and other sources.
5. Knowledge of softwares related to research as well as other research-related skills.
6. Ability to publish books as well as research articles in academic journals.
7. Ability to edit journals and magazines.
8. Readiness to travel outside Delhi and stay overnight when required in view of research, investigation, training programmes, and workshops.
9. Participation in advocacy works for human rights.
10. Any other assignments in conformity with the vision of the institute.
1. Ph.D. degree in Social Sciences or related field with some research with at least 3 years of experience in research. The candidate should show deep interest in issues of indigenous peoples, dalits, women and other marginalized communities..
2. Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in English and Hindi.
3. Skills for English and Hindi typing preferred.
THE INSTITUTE BELIEVES IN INCUSIVENESS AND THEREFORE SCHEDULED CASTE, SCHEDULED TRIBE, MINORITIES AND WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Last date to receive application is 15th January, 2016.
Kindly apply at the following (by post or by email)
The Executive Director
Indian Social Institute
10 Institutional Area
New Delhi 110 003
Tel: (011) 49534125/6
Fax: (011) 24690660
-- Dr. Denzil Fernandes SJ Executive Director Indian Social Institute, New Delhi.