Dear academics, scholars and authors
Greetings from HISS Publications!
Hyderabad Institute of Social Sciences (HISS)!!
Please find the full details (attached doc) regarding CALL FOR PAPERS-Book on "Portrayal of Women in Colonial and Post-Colonial literature : Multiple Perspectives and Narratives"with–ISBN-978-81-927323-8-1
CALL FOR PAPERS-Book on
"Portrayal of Women in Colonial and Post-Colonial literature : Multiple Perspectives and Narratives"
Portrayal of women in literature has triggered the minds of many at all times. Women battle with distressingly difficult situations and the society around us has a whole lot to do with making the life of a woman terrible. Stereotypes for example passive and submissive roles, gender inequalities, unequal power relations, domination and a general negative attitude towards women have worsened her position. The idea of woman as second citizen has been deeply interiorized in people's sub-consciousness which limits the development of both human personalities and social equality.
-In this backdrop, As part of our academic and research mission to publish quality books with ISBN, from the house of Hyderabad Institute of Social Sciences(HISS) Publications, we now plan to bring out an even more quality book titled "Portrayal of Women in Colonial and Post-Colonial literature : Multiple Perspectives and Narratives " with ISBN..978-81-927323-8-1 -----for this, we invite research-based chapters/papers/articles.
The author/chapter contributors can choose their own themes related to Women or can choose from the themes suggested below:
· Gender, Race, Language, Caste, Religion, Culture and Society, Rape narrative and the forms of violence against women, Interpersonal relations and societal constructs
· Diaspora, Globalization and Westernization, Multiculturalism, Role of literature in the upliftment of women, Literature as a mirror of the society, Challenging perspectives of women in the society, Women as emerging 'revolutionary' writers, Portrayal of women in patriarchal set-up
Guidelines for Contributors:
· The papers must be genuinely ORIGINAL. Wherever they quote other authors, citation is a must.
· Papers need to be restricted to less than 10 pages (ideal size 5 to 8 pages).
· A 4 size, 12 pt size, MS Word, Times New Roman font 1.5 line space.
Last date of Submission of full papers is 25th January, 2015.
Please send your full papers to email@example.com
In this regard, we request you to remit the amount Rs.2500/--(Design, layout, print etc)
(Rs. 200/- additional for Postage, outside Hyderabad)
Please mention "Chapter for book on Portrayal of Women in Colonial and Post-Colonial literature : Multiple Perspectives and Narratives" in the subject column of your mail.